Kitchen cleaning is integral to the health and hygiene of the residents since it is normally one of the most important and yet among the dirtiest places in the building. Clean kitchens inhibit the growth and spread of pathogens and rodents in the building ensuring health safety standards. It is also expected that a clean and well-organized kitchen will improve the efficiency and productivity of the workplace. Kitchen cleaning is a comprehensive process that requires cleaning of various areas and equipment used in the kitchen. In this article, we will describe a comprehensive process to clean the kitchen.
Supplies required to clean the kitchen
Some of the essential supplies that will be required during the process to clean various areas and equipment in a kitchen are as follows:
- Cleaning Agent: An appropriate cleaning agent should be used that can come handy in removing dirt, stains, and germs from different areas in the kitchen. A quality-cleaning agent should be able to remove the stains and kill off the germs with little effort.
- Scrubber: A scrubber or sponge may be required in order to clean off the hard stains.
A scrubber may also remove mold and fungus growing at hidden parts of the kitchen.
- Dryer or Paper Towel: After applying the cleaning agent and water, the cleaning areas need to be dried as well. A dryer or paper towel may be used for the purpose.
- Personal Cleaning Kit: Workers need to take measures such as wearing gloves, safety
glasses, apron, etc. before starting the cleaning process.
Comprehensive Procedure for Kitchen Cleaning
There are many areas and equipment in the kitchen that need to be cleaned and below we will discuss the most significant steps:
- In the first step of kitchen cleaning process, remove all the items from the kitchen that do not require cleaning. These may include cooking items and ingredients.
- Start with cleaning the stove with the help of water and cleaning agent. Hard stains and cooking residues may stick to the stove during the process of cooking. We will recommend the use of sponge for removing the hard stains and spills.
- The dishwasher is another important equipment in the kitchen that should be
thoroughly cleaned with the help of the cleaning agent.
- All the dishes and items in the kitchen are stored in the cabinet. The conditions in a cabinet are usually favorable for the growth of germs and bacteria. Therefore, it is recommended to clean and organize the cabinet regularly.
- Clean the microwave oven using the cleaning agent.
- Mold or fungus may grow in hidden areas of the kitchen. It is highly important to clean these areas during the kitchen cleaning process since they can be the source of the unhealthy environment in the kitchen.
- Properly clean the countertops with the help of water and the cleaning agent. Gently rub it with the help of a sponge to remove the spill stains.
- Clean the floor, walls and any other area in the kitchen that appears to be dirty.
- In the end, dry the area that you just cleaned and properly ventilate the kitchen for regulating humidity and temperature.
If you also want to know about clean kittens tips. Visit here How to clean kittens ?